- Teratogens: Unknown chemical, virus or ionizing radiation contaminates in the environment affecting fetal development
- Unknown chemical, virus or ionizing radiation contaminates in the environment directly affecting adult behavior
- Adrenaline and dopamine addiction
- Born in the wrong body
- Hormone wash theory
- Feminine arresting elements failure
- Androgen insensitivity syndrome
- Actor or performer
- To be funny
- Part of role playing experience
- Stuffed animals
- Like the feel of women’s clothes
- Everyone is part male and part female
- Stress relief
- Made TG by parents (on purpose)
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH)
- On a bet
- Hazing or initiation
- Hormonal imbalances
- Dominant role of the mother in family
- To get attention
- Birth order
- Mirrors or want to see the illusion of a woman looking back at them
- Red lipstick
- Serotonin addiction
- To deceive the enemy in war
Psychological and sociological
- It’s Fun
- Love of femininity
- Splintered sex drive
- Feeling of completeness
- Feeling of calm
- Brings pleasure
- Jung’s Anima theory
- Female envy
- Erotic pleasures
- We become what we desire
- Disbelief in polar gender rules
- Being surrounded by female extended family members
- Don’t like male clothing
- Sliding gender scale
- Desire to impersonate the opposite sex
- Inconsistent male role models
- Learned behavior
- Unknown reward
- Childhood trauma
- Fafafini or Fa'afafine
- Men have an insatiable need for more and more or to go further and further
- CDs lack the mental blocks to femininity
- Unusual but not abnormal
- Desire to be pretty
- Society needs TG people so societies has ever tightening gender roles until some people are pushed out to become transgendered therfore society creates TG people.
- There is no such thing as gender so there are no transgendered.
- Overwhelmed by female beauty
- Mother fixation
- Way of coping with the world
- Spending to much time with girls
- Just wanted to do something a little bit different.
- Way to stand out
- Shoe addiction run wild
- Lingerie addiction run wild
- Uncomfortable in your gender role.
- The human factor
- Want to be like a woman
- If it has anything to do with sex men want it
- Primal instinct gone wild
- Trying to figure out women
- To be a man and do every thing a man has to do sometimes you have to be a girl.
- Feeling like you missed out on something during childhood
- It is an attitude
- To look younger
- It’s an indulgence
The existence of a parental pattern where the father is perceived as ranking higher than normal on the "feminine" characteristics of dependency and affiliation.
A strong, perhaps overwhelming attachment to a first son by certain mothers. Young boys, in contrast to young girls, must struggle to separate from the early symbiosis with the mother to establish their gender identity. Identification as a male, as being of the opposite sex from the mother, requires individuation and separation from her. "Depending on how and at what pace a mother allows her son to separate, this phase of merging with her will leave residual effects that may be expressed as disturbances in masculinity
Dr. Docter suggests that a large number of young boys are exposed to factors which lead to attraction to women's clothing, but most of them do not become cross dressers. However, those who do begin cross dressing encounter a unique set of social learning experiences and re-enforcements and develop fetishistic, partial cross dressing during ages 8 to 18 or so. Many of these partial, fetishistic cross dressers go on later to cross dress completely and to develop a "feminine self," i.e., a cross-gender identity.
"If desire did not dim the brain, nobody would ever get married, drunk, or fat.
Brain Gender Identity
Gender Identity is that innate sense of who you are in this world with reference to your sexuality and behavior, not necessarily corresponding to your genitalia and reproductive organs. Transgenders are atypical and “think” as the opposite gender. Certain areas of the brain have been shown to be sexually dimorphic. They are different in structure and numbers of neurons in males versus females. Protein Receptors for the sex hormones in different areas of the brain (limbic and anterior hypothalamic) must be present in sufficient numbers to receive those powerful hormones. There are androgen receptors (AR), Estrogen Receptors (ER), and Progesterone receptors (PRs). ARs or ERs are predominant at different times in different parts of the human brain. Hormone receptor genes have been identified in humans, which are responsible for sexually dimorphic brain differentiation in the hypothalamus. The groundwork in brain gender identity is gene-directed and
takes place by forming male and female hormone receptors in the brain before the gonads and hormones can influence them. Multiple genes acting in concert determine our sexual identity. The human brain continues to make neurons and synaptic neuronal connections throughout life. This contributes to Gender Role Behaviors making individuals in the continuum of gender identity. Gender behaviors must be differentiated from gender identity (Hines). Gender Identity cannot be predicted from anatomy (Reiner). Brain gender identity is determined very early in fetal development, but gender expression, expressed as behaviors requires hormonal, environmental, social and cultural interactions, which evolve with time. One cannot deny the profound effects of Testosterone, Estradiol and other steroids on genital differentiation in-utero or their effects on behavior from birth or the physical and mental cross gender changes caused by exogenous hormones, but gender
identity is determined before and persists in spite of these effects.
Form of OCD.
Form of sexual addiction
Keeps me from going insane
- Stuttering gene theory
- Hereditary gene
- Genetic abnormality
- Genetic disease
- Grand mother theory
- Evolutionary step forward
- Evolutionary throw back
- Hidden recessive gene
- Gene tag
- Damaged genetic code
- Disturbed genetic timing
- Result of breeding slaves to be docile
- Genetic predisposition
- Work of a demon
- Work of the devil
- Past life regression
- Taken over by a spirit
- To attract same sex, sex partners
- The devil made me do it
- Latent homosexuality
- Coming Out Spiritually
- Mental illness
- Find their way back to the Goddess.
- Symbolic beauty for the Goddess
- Alien influence
- Form of co-dependence
- Vandalized love map
- Form of OCD
- Form of sexual addiction
Benjamin standards of care (does not give cause)
Disappointment in their relationship with their spouse lead mothers to transfer their need for intimacy and affection to their sons--overpowering them with their femininity. These pressures, as well as the remoteness from their father reported by so many of these men, may have stacked the cards, as it were, in favor of the feminine.
There may be a greater-than-average frequency of narcissistic personality disorder among the mothers. They drew their first sons into its vortex and made it difficult for them to individuate normally--especially when paternal influence was weak and remote. Where this pattern was coupled with a perturbed spousal relationship, the son may have been "triangled" into it in an attempt to assuage the resultant anxiety.
Mothers of transsexuals became passionately involved with their sons, merging with them intensively--too intensively to allow for normal individuation. The core gender identity of the transsexual, developed in the first year of so of life, remains female. An "excessively close and gratifying mother-infant symbiosis, undisturbed by father's presence, prevents a boy from adequately separating himself psychically from his mother's female body and feminine behavior.
No one in the medical community is certain what causes someone to be
transgender, but Norman P. Spack, a pediatric endocrinologist at
Children's Hospital Boston, says the condition is not a mental illness
and should not be classified as such in the psychiatrists' bible, the
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. "It has
something to do with the wiring in the brain," Spack says. "It could
be a gene that is expressed at a certain stage of fetal development or
hormones that have gone awry during gestation."